In accordance with Christian principles, Dover Outreach Centre exists to provide a safe and comfortable location for people who are homeless, or at risk of homelessness and who are in need of services that will assist their transition out of poverty and back into the community.
Working in partnership with other agencies, we aim to be the lead in providing high quality services, delivered with dignity and respect and will strive for locally driven solutions to alleviate homelessness and its causes.
Dover Outreach Centre provides support, shelter and services in Dover and the surrounding areas for those suffering the effects of poverty, homelessness, loneliness, unemployment, discrimination, or other forms of social exclusion.
We are committed to providing quality services to homeless adults and families, conducting research into the local problem, providing public education concerning homelessness and its causes and shaping policies to prevent or find lasting solutions to homelessness.
We provide a comprehensive, holistic service approach providing the resources needed to transform and restore the lives of homeless people by providing support in a friendly, caring setting as well as education and innovative programs designed to empower people to achieve self-sufficiency.
We will improve our digital presence by making it easier for people to access us online, by providing engaging and personalised content on both our website and in our social media profiles.
Our core belief is that everyone deserves the basic necessities of life and should have the opportunity of living safely and securely without poverty.
- We will speak out and advocate for the homeless and badly housed people across Dover and the surrounding areas by campaigning for housing justice.
- We will endeavour to set the agenda and challenge the status quo. We want to make an impact and we will make sure our voice, and the voice of those we help is heard.
- We will involve and engage those using our service in our campaigns and in shaping our services.
- We will engage with knowledgeable, experienced and talented people in order to assist us in reaching our aims and goals.
- To value, acknowledge and respond to the needs and aspirations of those who use our services.
- To continually improve the standards of our service delivery through staff development, consultation with customers and other stakeholders and through effective partnership working.
- To provide a diverse and flexible service that offers choice to our customers.
- To recognise the value of diversity and promote equal opportunities in every aspect of our work.
- To respond to the specific needs of those accessing our services no matter how complex their issues.
- To work with people as individuals, supporting them in setting achievable and realistic goals that will enable them to work towards a safe, sustainable and happy future.