Our Outreach Centre caters for the needs of the homeless and vulnerable in the area.
Do you have some time to spare and could help out at our Centre? Can you contribute your time, skills and talents to assisting the people who access our service, helping to transform the lives of our homeless and vulnerable clients?
Our volunteers come from all age groups as well as from a wide range of backgrounds and bring a wealth of experience to the work we do.
People offer their time and experience and volunteer for many different reasons. For instance, people may be:
- those with spare time who actively look forward to making a difference in their local community
- looking to gain new skills, experience of a work environment or build their CV
- those with a passion for the work we do and the clients that we engage with professionals with specialist knowledge who want to donate their expertise
- former clients or people with relevant life experience who want to help others get through what they’ve been through themselves.
Whatever peoples’ backgrounds or motives it is clear that volunteers make an invaluable contribution to our work.
Our volunteers are at the heart of everything we do and we rely heavily on their input. The role is not glamorous or exciting, sometimes it’s hard work and it can be challenging but it is invariably rewarding and often fun as well.
What would be your commitment for?
- You should be reliable and have a professional approach to volunteering.
- If possible and practicable we would like all volunteers to commit to a minimum of six months.
- While volunteering for Dover Outreach Centre you will be representing the charity, so we ask that you are organised and a team player.
- You should perform your duties to the best of your ability and follow the policies and procedures of Dover Outreach Centre including the code of conduct.
- Volunteer roles are subject to the same safeguarding and vetting process required for all staff.
- Commitment to equal opportunities and the promotion of diversity in all our services.
What can we offer?
- We will provide ongoing training and development so that you can work with our client group as well as providing comprehensive basic training and regular supervision if it is required.